Think about all those people over the world who were able to achieve their new year’s resolutions. Those who were able to stick to their goals. Those who have accomplished extraordinary things. If you think about it carefully, you will notice that they have one thing in common.
They are full of energy.
Of all the traits that make a person successful, this can be the most underrated one. You see, one may have all the talent and all the time they need to accomplish something, but it takes energy to convert these into action. Without it, it will be like riding a car that does not have any fuel. It will not get you anywhere no matter how new or expensive the car is.
It works the same way with achieving your goals. You need a constant and abundant supply of energy for you to move forward from point A to point B. Every single day you need the brain energy to think and make decisions, and also body energy to help you move and do the things you need to do. That’s how important it is.
Improving your energy levels
If you’re the type of person who constantly lacks energy, then you need to take extra effort to improve your energy levels. To do this, the first thing you need to do is to take care of your body and your brain. Remember that your body isn’t going to function in its optimal condition if the brain is lacking energy and vice versa. If your body is tired and your mind stressed out, it doesn’t matter what you do—you’re going to be only functioning at most 50 percent. So you need to make sure that these two are in tip top shape.
Here are some self care tips for the body:
- For starters, aim to exercise at least twice a week. Once you get the hang of it, try to exercise every other day, adding more sessions until you are able to do it everyday. Gradually increasing the intensity of your workouts can have a multiplier effect with your energy levels.
- If you are sitting a lot at work or at home, that will only make you feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. Take frequent breaks to stand up and stretch your muscles. By moving your body, you will naturally gain more energy.
- Feed your body with the right fuel. Eat energizing foods (fruits and vegetables and lean proteins) and do your best in cutting down energy-draining foods from your diet (fast food, chips and sugary food/ drinks).
Here are some self care tips for the mind:
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. Having adequate sleep lets your body rest and recharge, and more importantly it also allows the brain to flush out its daily toxins.
- Get some sunlight in the morning – Sunlight exposure can increase the brain’s release of a hormone called serotonin, which id associated with boosting mood and helping a person feel calm and focused.
- Try not to dwell on negative thoughts. When we do this, it’s like feeding our mind junk food. So instead of focusing on the things that bring you down, think more of the things that make you happy and excited for the future. A little quiet time doing relaxing things (meditation, journaling, listening to relaxing music) can also help you build up those positive thoughts.
And here’s a tip that benefits both the brain and the body… Have your spine checked by a chiropractor!
Wait, why the spine of all places? And why do we have to see a chiropractor in particular?
To answer the first question, the spine plays a big role in the central nervous system. It acts as the information highway that connects our brain to our body. When it is in poor health, (i.e. having spinal misalignments) some of the nerves get impinged causing interference on the nerve signals traveling from the brain to the body. This can lead to a tremendous energy drain, because it does not allow the brain to distribute energy to where it’s supposed to go. No matter how much you sleep, or how much caffeinated drinks you have, a misaligned spine will suck the energy out of you.
On the other hand, chiropractors are highly skilled and professionally trained individuals who perform chiropractic adjustments. Adjustments are done by using a gentle force to address spinal misalignments and restore the alignment of your spine. Through this method, your brain-body communication will improve and more likely a boost in energy will follow. This will give your body the fuel you need to work at 100%, and accomplish the things you need to do everyday.
The good news about this is that our team at North Shore Chiropractic is well equipped to spot and correct misalignments in the spine. If you are interested in boosting your energy levels through chiropractic but not sure exactly where to start, please talk to us and we’ll be happy to assist. Call our number ph 09 4424310 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.